Taste of Regent Park is a family-friendly summer food festival that animates our community’s namesake green space, also known as the Big Park, every Wednesday evening in July and August. This celebration of food, community and culture, Taste of Regent Park features:
- An affordable produce market providing local-sourced (GTA), seasonal farm-fresh fruits and vegetables.
- A pay-what-you-can community meal is cooked each week by local caterers, who are trained through our Culinary Skills Training programs. Meals are pay-what-you-can, with proceeds returned to the Community Meal program. Approximately 250 culturally diverse, healthy, delicious meals are served each week.
- Friends of Regent Park community group fire up the wood-fired Bake Oven and serve delicious, fresh-baked snacks, like Trinidadian Doubles, each week. Training for local youth in Bake Oven animation is available.
- Local artisanal food and handicraft vendors sell goods at the Market, alongside local community agency tables such as Toronto Public Library, and performances by local artists.
- At sunset, families gather for “Movies under the Stars”, hosted by Regent Park Film Festival.