Our mission is to improve the health, income and housing stability of people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
Our vision is for healthy and thriving communities where every person has a home and access to opportunity.
Our values guide Fred Victor and are the same ones that have carried the organization for more than 125 years.
Improve health for people experiencing poverty and homelessness
• Develop additional activities for our service users to increase social capital, including food security and income entitlement support work.
• Strengthen mental health and addiction services at large FV sites, including more options for seniors with mental health and addiction issues.
• Be actively involved in the health system transformation to demonstrate our clinical leadership, to deepen health partnerships, and to create effective transitions and care pathways for our clients.
Improve income for people experiencing poverty and homelessness
• Expand opportunities for training and employment through social purpose enterprise and supported employment.
• Provide supports that result in more people securing stable work and participating in career development opportunities.
• Embed foundational skills development into programming to improve employment prospects and income.
Improve housing access and stability for people experiencing poverty and homelessness
• Research new housing development and support models.
• Focus on homelessness prevention activities for single adults, families, children and youth at Fred Victor.
• Develop new affordable and supported housing options for people experiencing homelessness.
• Explore innovative shelter models.
• Strategize long-term vision and plans to stabilize existing housing as quality, affordable stock.
Enhance the quality of our work and our capacity to do more
Implement a People Plan to enhance wellness, training and mentorship opportunities for staff.
• Strengthen back office infrastructure and processes.
• Improve our service integration and coordination to ensure consistent service delivery standards and processes at Fred Victor.
• Effectively communicate our mission and impact, grow our audience, and establish a network of support for our work.
• Increase opportunities for service user input and voice.
• Create new opportunities for donors to help us end homelessness.
• Achieve service accreditation for health services.
Learn about our Strategic Plan results here.
Any questions or feedback about Fred Victor’s Strategic Plan can be sent to the Strategic Plan Leads Junie Facey, VP of Programs and Services email@example.com or Mandy Ashton, Project Manager and Assistant to the CEO firstname.lastname@example.org.