Thank you for your interest in donating items to Fred Victor! Because of the large volume of inquiries we receive, if the items you would like to donate are not on our most needed items list, we may not respond. You may still reach out, but we may not need those donations at this time. Please include the details of what items you would like to donate in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a group looking to do a donation drive or collection, visit our team volunteering page and check-out the off-site opportunities. Alternatively, reach out to email@example.com.
Below is a list of our most needed items list, Fred Victor sites have limited storage space, so we prioritize items on our most needed list. We are not able to do pickups. Items must be delivered.
We are often in need of clean and gently used clothing in good repair. Note all gently used clothing must be clean, with no rips or stains, and we cannot accept used socks or underwear. We also cannot accept any opened or expired toiletries, or any items containing alcohol such as mouthwash or alcohol-based cleaning products.
Here is a list of our most needed items:
- New underwear for men and women
- Adult incontinence products (Depends)
- Socks (new, unused)
- Coats (only accepted in winter months)
- Boots & shoes (a size range), high need for men’s shoes
- Track pants, jeans, sweatpants
- Hoodies/sweatshirts, long and short-sleeved t-shirts
- Pyjamas and XL t-shirts for sleeping
- $10-$20 Gift cards to grocery and department stores and coffee shops (i.e. Food Basics, No Frills, Walmart, Shoppers, Tim Hortons, etc.)
- New toiletries, both regular and sample sizes (body wash, lotion, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.)
- Culturally specific hair and beauty products (shea butter, black soap, black castor oil, etc.)
- New personal care items (razors, nail clippers, etc.)
- New laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- New cleaning products (sanitizers, household cleaners, dish soap, etc.)
- New First Aid supplies (bandages, gauze, etc.)
- Backpacks and other bags
- Linens such as new or gently used sheets, blankets, mattress covers, comforters, and towels
- Pet supplies such as dog and cat food, kitty litter, dog leashes, and treats
- Stainless steel pots and pans for Fred Victor’s housing department
To arrange your donation drop-off, email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what items you would like to donate and what area of Toronto you’re located in. This helps expedite our response and ensure the drop-off location is as convenient as possible.