Women’s 24/7 Drop-in Program
Fred Victor's 24/7 Drop-in for women located in the Adelaide Resource Centre offers a warm, safe and welcoming space with access to health services on site.
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, staff welcome all women who come through the doors. The space makes available necessities such as food, rest, clothing, toiletries and hygiene products and other items. For a lot of the women who use the program, it is their only way to connect with other women and access services that uniquely meet their needs.
- find information about other Fred Victor programs
- get referrals to doctors, dentists, legal aid and other services
- participate in exercise, arts and crafts and other social recreational programming
- access seniors services
- use laundry and shower facilities
- go on the occasional organized trip or outing
There are regular workshops, health information and activity sessions such as diabetes awareness, safety planning, exercise and stretching, sometimes singing and dance. In addition there are more specialized programs:
- Seniors 101 is a peer-based support and education group for women over 50 who have little or no financial resources and who are experiencing ill health related to aging.
- Common Ground is a theme-based English as a Second Language program offered twice a week at beginners and intermediate levels.